We believe that it is extremely important that our customers can take full advantage of our excellent service and that they can fully trust us. In order to provide you with a good service, we collect certain personal data from our users and visitors. We collect this data in a responsible manner and are extremely cautious about storing this data.In this privacy statement, you will find out what data we collect, for what purposes, how you can manage this data yourself and what rights you have as a user.
1. Who collects the information?
Confiserie Leonidas SA NV acts as the controller of your personal data and other data for order processing purposes and as processor of your personal data for marketing purposes in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation. Confiserie Leonidas SA NV is a limited company with registered office at 1070 Anderlecht, Boulevard Graindor 41 43 Belgium.
Company is registered under the VAT number BE 407.824.919 and can be contacted, if required, by phone at + 32 2 522 19 57.
Confiserie Leonidas SA NV strives to protect your privacy and therefore treats personal data with care. Confiserie Leonidas SA NV only keeps your data for the time that is strictly necessary for its processing.
This means that we:
- treat your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided. These purposes and the type of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement;
- limit the processing of your personal data to the minimum data required for the purposes for which it is processed;
- ask for your explicit consent if necessary for the processing of your personal data;
- have taken the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- do not transmit any personal data to third parties, unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they were provided;
- are aware of your rights with respect to your personal data, will inform you and respect them.
Confiserie Leonidas SA NV reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement. If you have any questions or need further information after reading our privacy statement, please contact us via the following coordinates:
Confiserie Leonidas SA NV
Boulevard J.GRAINDOR 41 -43
+32 (0)2 522 19 57
2. What data is collected and for what purposes?
Confiserie Leonidas SA NV uses your personal data for various purposes. Personal data is defined as the identifiable data of a legal entity. This is the information you provide when, for example, you place an order, contact us, subscribe to our newsletters. Specifically, this is personal information, such as name, address, telephone number, language preference, e-mail address, payment details, etc.
As required by law, we do not process sensitive data, such as data on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or sexual orientation.
We always treat your personal data on a legal basis:
- having obtained permission;
- to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- for the treatment of the contract of sale;
- in the case of a legitimate interest that outweighs the interest of the person concerned.
We may process and store your personal data for the following purposes:
- to create a user account;
- to process your order/return;
- to track the delivery of your order and to inform you of any problems;
- to send you newsletters or other targeted marketing campaigns to inform you, for example, of new offers and promotions;
3. Who has access to this data, apart from Confiserie Leonidas SA NV?
- if necessary to perform our services;
- if we are legally obliged to do so;
- if there is a legitimate interest for Confiserie Leonidas SA NV or the third party concerned;
- if you give us permission to do so.
To process the payment, your payment details will be sent to our payment providers. Also, our courier partners will receive the necessary personal data in order to deliver the products as instructed.
In case of international transfer of personal data, we protect your data in accordance with the level of protection required by European legislation.
We may use anonymous and aggregated data for commercial purposes or for external reporting. These data can never be linked to a particular person.
4. Fluent use of the website & protection of personal information
Confiserie Leonidas SA NV makes every effort to protect the user data. Payment by card or other means of payment will only be stored through authorised European payment service providers, such as. Other personal information will be transferred to Confiserie Leonidas SA NV’s servers and database via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer – the latest standard encryption technology) through 256 encryption, provided by Certificate Authority (CA) Comodo, internationally recognised. For optimal support of our security measures, our website must be viewed with a modern and up-to-date browser such as Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera or Mozilla Firefox.
The servers are located in Brussels (Belgium) and are managed by Internet hosting provider OVH. These servers contain personal information, but will never contain information about payment methods or bank details. The servers are secured by multi-level firewalls and a standard security protocol.
Payments are always made in a secure environment, so that third parties cannot read your personal data.
5. Correction or deletion of information: your rights
It is always possible to recover your personal data by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the customer centre +32 (0)2 522 19 57. This personal data may be modified or deleted in the same way if there are legal reasons to do so.
As a user, you have the following rights regarding the storage of your data:
- right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your data for serious and justified reasons (except as provided by law or if this is necessary for the performance of the contract).
In addition, you may request that you no longer be contacted for direct marketing purposes by using the e-mail address mentioned above
- right of consultation/access:
Each user has the right to access and view his/her information. He/she is also entitled to examine how his/her personal data is processed.
- right of rectification
The user has the right at any time to rectify, complete or delete certain personal data after consultation.
- right to be forgotten
The user has the right to be completely removed from all systems and databases.
- right of appeal
The user is at all times entitled to lodge a complaint with the Commission for the Protection of Privacy privacycommission.be if he/she considers that the personal data is collected and treated illicitly.
- right to withdraw consent
Any user or visitor whose personal data is collected has the right to oppose the processing of this data.
- right to limitation of treatment
Each user or visitor has the right to restrict (temporarily) the processing of his/her personal data.
- right to transferability
Each user or visitor has the right to transfer his/her personal data to another responsible third party.
- right to oppose decisions based on automated processing
The user has the right to disable automatic profiling.
6. Cookies and storage of computer information
The site uses “cookies”. For more information about the cookies we use, for what purposes and how to manage your cookie settings, please refer to our Cookies policy.
You can find on the site links to other websites and other social media applications. However, as soon as you leave the site, the Confiserie Leonidas SA NV Privacy Statement no longer applies. Frucon² is in no way responsible for the information collected by any other website or social media application.
9. Acceptance of the Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement provides you with all the information you need to choose whether or not to use this site and to send your personal information to Confiserie Leonidas SA NV. By staying on the site and communicating with us electronically, you acknowledge and agree to the Privacy Statement. You automatically consent to the processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
This privacy statement was last updated on May 18th, 2018.